Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Teaching Tip: The Seven Dispensations Memory Aid


"A dispensation of the gospel is a period of time in which the Lord has at least one authorized servant on the earth who bears the holy priesthood and the keys, and who has a divine commission to dispense the gospel to the inhabitants of the earth" (Bible Dictionary, "Dispensations").  Each time, after a period of falling away, the gospel is revealed anew, so that people of that dispensation have accurate and unadulterated information upon which to build their faith.  As a memory aid for the chronology of the seven major gospel dispensations, here is a little story with awesome artwork by myself :)  Feel free to copy or print it.

4 comments:

Jess said...

Sister Jensen,

Thanks for this helpful post! When I saw that you live in Cache Valley I just had to leave a comment. I am from Cache Valley, now stationed in Alabama with the Air Force. This morning I was studying Jacob 5 and was trying to remember the 7 different dispensations--I googled 'seven dispensations lds' and this post was a top result. It was exactly what I was looking for! Thank you!

Mormon Share said...

Thanks for this great handout, Sister Jensen. I converted your image to eps and added a definition of the word dispensation so that I could use this in my Seminary class tomorrow. Thank you!

http://www.mormonshare.com/lds-clipart/lds-dispensations-handout

Valerie said...

Thank you for sharing you wonderful explaintion and art work to explain the dispensations. I will be using this during sharing time in Goleta, CA. Thank you!

Jane Smith said...

The other day, I received an email from a woman who told me that she was "trying to write a goodbye letter to my husband." She told me that she was struggling greatly. gmat waiver letter