Remember: there is no rule against having fun in scripture study!
CELESTIAL PYRAMID GAME
Some of you will remember the American TV show, "The $10,000 Pyramid." To win $10,000, the contestant would have to guess the category of each box in the pyramid in order, while a partner slowly read to the person items in the category. The Pyramid itself had a category which the player also had to guess after guessing each box's category. And of course it all had to be done in a time limit.
This pyramid game won't earn anyone $10,000 but it has more important categories! To prepare the game, make 10 numbered boxes out of paper. On the back of each box list the category. One member of the family or the teacher of the class reads the items in the category, and the other members guess the category. (The entire group is on the same team.) The reader can give clues to the page number or verse number in the scriptures if needed. When the group guesses the category of Box #1, the reader turns the box over to reveal its category. Commentary and discussion of the topic can take place, then the group moves on to guessing Box #2, and so on until they reach Box #9. They then must look at all the categories and decide what the category of the entire "Celestial Pyramid" is, upon which Box #10 will be turned over and they will have won the game.
The game includes a slight review from last week's lesson--an important truth from Chapter 25.
BOX #1: THE RIGHT WAY [TO LIVE] (2 Ne. 25:29; p. 100)
- To believe Christ
- To deny him not
- To bow down before him
- To worship him with all your might, mind and strength and your whole soul
- They preach
- They set themselves up for a light unto the world
- They seek gain
- They seek praise
- The seek not the welfare of Zion
- Take the name of the Lord in vain
- Have malice
- Commit whoredoms
- Black people
- White people
- Free people
- The heathen
- The Jews
- The Gentiles
- All people
- With thunder
- With earthquake
- With great noise
- With storm
- With tempest
- With flame of devouring fire.
- Those who contend one with another
- Those who teach with their learning but deny the power of the Holy Ghost
- Those who say there is no God today
- Those who say God has finished his work and there are no more miracles
- Those who say, "Eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow we die"
- Those who say, "God will justify in committing a little sin"
- Those who have gone out of the way and become corrupted
- Those who rob the poor to build fine sanctuaries and to wear fine clothing
- False teachers
- False doctrines
- Stirring up to anger against good
- Saying "All is well in Zion"
- Telling them there is no hell
- Telling them he is no devil for there is none
- Whispering in their ears
- The Jews
- The Nephies
- The other tribes of Israel
- All nations of the earth
Check out reader Aaron's fun "bonus round" in the comments below. Thanks, Aaron!